Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Usual

Nothing too much to report. Had another appointment today and had dilated another half cm (2.5), so we're not moving along too quickly; however, this is the furthest I have ever dilated. In all my labor with Katie I never got beyond this, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope that it will go any further. If I couldn't dilate beyond this point with cervix ripening drugs and pitocin, I don't think I can do it on my own. Doctor was disappointed; she was hoping for a 4ish so we could get this show on the road (and as I said, "trust me - you're not wanting that any more than I am"). She, of course, restated the obvious and noted that either we will be hanging out until next Friday or it could be any moment. We'll see.

I've been having really really intense contractions all day - they're really squeezing and pushing downward and are all in my lower back and abdomen. She thought it was just the baby's head settling further downward, but it's not settling - they're contractions. They picked up a lot of them on the Toco monitor and were pleased to finally see them in the morning. Said if they change or become more intense I know what to do...again, I don't want to get my hopes up. They're making it very hard to breathe and they are very uncomfortable, so I wish they would increase or go away...Jellybean looked good.

So, waiting. Waiting to see what they do (or don't do) and then heading back in on Friday for another NST.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... this is becoming the most anti-climatic wait for baby EVER!!! I cannot imagine the rollercoaster of emotions it's been for you. I am so, so excited for you to finally meet JB, healthy, happy, and contraction-free :) Well, after the labour of course!