Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Let's get this ballgame going...

Ok - enough teasing. Really.

I've had a lot of practice. I would say that daily contractions (some near constant) for the past nine weeks is a pretty good span of time to prepare and figure out what you need to do, body. This is especially silly since you don't have to actually push this baby out. I wish there was a way I could communicate this to you - all you have to do is get some active labor going and the doctor will take care of the rest. A bit more dilation and contractions that we can actually monitor - that's all we need.

Again, I thought yesterday would be it. We had steady contractions all day - that hasn't happened in a while. By evening, they were painful, I couldn't breathe through them, and they were four minutes apart. But after they finally regulated to that four minute pattern, they only stayed that way for ninety minutes and then backed off to seven and then ten. Typically, you would get to go to the hospital after an hour, but we know my patterns well enough to know that I'll need two solid hours to truly indicate labor - thus, the near daily fake-outs my body puts me through.

I know I have now passed my mucus plug (oopss...forgot to warn you ahead of the TMI) and we're at 2cm. I am nesting like crazy - walking for forty-plus minutes up and down some pretty serious hills (I live in an area that most definitely ISN'T flat - the rest of the town may be, but the blocks around my house are not), and nesting like a fiend today. I've taken down blinds to clean and bleach them, scrubbed bathrooms and kitchens, cleaned baseboards - I've cleaned things that I can pretty honestly say have not been cleaned since we moved in (which is both creepy and disturbing).

So, let's get this show on the road. Otherwise, I'm going to go a bit batty sitting here waiting. It's almost harder to be this close to the end because I can see it, but I can't do anything to get there quicker. And patience is not my virtue :)

2 comments:

  1. Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww--mucus plug. (I am glad I never had to see mine.) : ) I hope the show gets going soon. I was thinking yesterday how excited I am to find out Jellybean's actual name. I have been thinking of her as Jellybean for so long that I forgot that she had a real name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Reminds me of your little baby Noodles. That's how I thought of Abby for forever :)

    ReplyDelete