Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The News

Well, we had another sonogram today and they seem to think that the embryo is shrinking or collapsing on itself. They looked all around and there is still no rupture, so we're safe to continue with medication for the time being. I have to do more quant counts on Friday and Monday to see what happens, but we did a second dose of methotrexate today (another two shots). This time I was able to get some nausea medication and some stronger pain meds, so with any luck, I'll be able to make it through the week (thank GOD that this is the last week and I only have two days of finals next week).

Apparently, only about 1% of pregnancies are ectopic, and, of those, 90% respond immediately to methotrexate. So, I've not only been lucky enough to have an ectopic pregnancy, but I've also been lucky enough to fall in the group that doesn't respond quickly to medication. To make me feel better, the doctor told me that the most times she's had to give a dose is three times. Let's hope that two is the magic number for us.

So very very ready for this all to end...

No comments:

Post a Comment