Monday, December 27, 2010

It's Good to be Home....

For a minute...then we're off again. But it's still nice to stop and pause.

Have lots and lots of tests tomorrow at the doctor's - will report more then.

In other news, Christmas was happy and sad, as I expected it would be. Surprisingly, the hardest part of the entire trip was Mass. I suppose that shouldn't be too surprising, but the homily was all about our children and birth and how we raise them and hold them and love them. That was pretty hard to sit through. The worst part was that we were on the side of the altar in the front row, so everyone could see me. I'm sure no one noticed, but I felt as though everyone was staring at me as I sniffled and cried my way through the service.

Other than that, things went pretty well. Katie, of course, made out like a bandit! Brian has spent all day today trying to figure out where to put things and how to make room. Her big gifts were her baby doll and kitchen - both from Santa. She's absolutely thrilled with them and having a ball. It was absolutely beautiful to watch her on Christmas morning - to see that pure joy and astonishment. I loved that. I think having Katie makes everything so much more doable.

Well, I'm exhausted for now, so I'm going to watch Snow White with Katie. Toodles. And thank you to those of you who thought of us during this difficult time and shared those thoughts with us. We really appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment