Thursday, November 18, 2010

A prayer

God give me strength this week:

* As I enjoy the holidays with my family, but think about the member(s) of my family that are not there.

* As I learn of three more people who are pregnant. Who I want to be happy for, but cry when I see them.

* As I wait anxiously to meet my friend's new baby girl, and silently pray for my own.

* As I prepare to see the onslaught of new baby postings online and on facebook of people who were due the same time I was.

* As December 24th approaches and I wish for nothing more than my precious child.

God give me strength, serenity, and love.

God, we are weary and grieved. We were anticipating the birth of a child, but the promise of life was ended too soon. Our arms yearned to cradle new life, our mouths to sing soft lullabies. Our hearts ache from the emptiness and the silence. We are saddened and we are angry. We weep and we mourn. Weep with us, God, Creator of Life, for the life that could not be.

Source of healing, help us to find healing among those who care for us and those for whom we care. Shelter us under wings of love and help us to stand up again for life even as we mourn our loss.


--Sandy Eisenberg Sasso, from Lifecycles: Jewish Women on Life Passages and Personal Milestones

My life is but a weaving between my Lord and me
I cannot see the colours He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow and I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper and I the underside.

Not till the looms are silent and the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful in the Weaver’s skilful hands
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.

Written by Jane Parkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment