Monday, November 29, 2010

The Official Diagnosis

Ectopic pregnancy.

The blood draw today revealed that we had increased from 970 to 1200. Rising, but not enough. Sonogram reveals the pregnancy is in the left tube. I was given a cancer medicine - methotrexate or something - to "dissolve" the pregnancy. Hopefully, this will be successful so that I don't have to have anything surgically removed. Right now, we wait and hope this works. Blood draw on Thursday and Sunday to confirm that levels are decreasing. For the moment, we just hope for nothing that would send me to the ER, since that would probably send me to the OR as well. And I honestly can't afford to leave anything in the surgeon's office at this point.

Thanks for your good thoughts. At least we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment