Friday, August 26, 2011

Rough Night - the beginning?

So, I had a really really really rough night last night (I know, I know - complain and moan, wah-wah!) and now I'm pretty darn tired. I'm trying to look at the bright side of this one: with Katie's pregnancy, I had these pretty much the entire nine months. This is the first one I've had in recent memory, so that is definitely a good thing...but it would be nice to not have them at all :)

It was one of those nights where you just can't get comfortable. Our temps have gotten a bit better here and it was supposed to be 59 degrees overnight. Obviously, that means no air conditioning, right? Well, there wasn't a lot of air moving so it never felt really cool in my room (and I have two fans positioned right on me); that was bad night symptom #1. I couldn't find a comfortable way to lay and I was warm. Yuck.

Symptom #2: that sweet ol' late pregnancy nausea. Yuck. I was up for about two hours or so...at least from 2am until 4am, just feeling like I was going to yak. Thankfully, I didn't, but I really hate feeling nauseous. It's one of those feelings you can't really do anything for, and I hate being helpless. The nausea has chosen to hang around into today, so I have the pleasure of continuing to enjoy it.

Symptom #3: pregnancy sleep. This is where you fall into a deep, dreamless, heavy sleep...for about twenty minutes at a time. You wake up and look at the clock and twenty minutes or forty or an hour have passed - it's very surreal because you feel like it should have been a whole night's sleep. Then it's the challenge of falling back asleep - and this happened, I would guess, at least six times last night. Thankfully, with all those deep sleeps, I don't feel as tired as I could. That's a definite bonus.

So, it's off to work to finish out the first week. Again, none of this is a bad thing or a symptom of anything being wrong with Jellybean, so I'm very happy about that. Sometimes, when you start to get so uncomfortable, it's hard to think about doing this for the next three months, but I keep reminding myself of where I was last year. Last year I would have killed to be uncomfortable and tired if it meant I was going to have a baby. And I still feel that way; I just wish we could be pregnant for like three or six months and not nine :)

So, I'm sorry for the moaning and complaining, but sometimes you need to express the good and the bad. During the most lonely and exhausted moments of the night, Jellybean started kicking up a storm, and I just lay there being thankful that at least I wasn't alone in this. She was awake, too and she was reminding me that we're in this together. I can't think of a better buddy as I keep going on :)

1 comment:

  1. It is good that you're moaning and groaning.

    It's therapeutic for you.

    It's educational for us - how else would we know what to be prepared for???

    ReplyDelete